Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Moab 1/2 Marathon


Well, I finished my 2nd 1/2 marathon. Now I guess I can say I've ran a marathon! j/k But really my sister in law Katie says it best when she says we ran the FULL 1/2 marathon! These pictures were taken just as I crossed the finish line and I am really holding onto Tim so that I don't pass out! I am so glad I did this marathon and I hope to do another one day, but not for awhile. I really didn't get to prepare for this marathon since I spent 6 weeks after st. george sick and then the last 3 weeks with a broken rib-courtesy of Davis. From the first mile I was thinking things like, "What the heck am I doing", and "I think I want to die right now so that I don't have to run anymore", and "this is excruciating!", and my favorite "Why did I PAY money to do this?" I did have a stretch between miles 9-11 where I felt really good though. I was in a good rhythm and those thoughts went away, at least until we came out of the canyon. About a block from the finish line I was feeling like I was going to throw up and/or pass out and I wanted to stop and walk across the finish line. Just then my sweet sister in law Elise jumped out of the crown with her daughter Brinley and they ran across the finish with me. Then I just had to focus on not crying, especially when I saw Tim and the kids in the crowd (I didn't think Tim was going to be there because he was back at the condo watching all the kids). All in all, it was hard, but I'm glad I did it (in 2 hours 26 minutes) and maybe one day I will break the 2 hour mark!

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Malisa said...

Wow! Great job. I am impressed. I don't know if I will ever talk myself into running a marathon. Good for you!

Karene said...

Way to go, Holly! That's awesome.

Lisa Summerhays said...

I am so impressed with you! That is fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

You amaze me!! How do you have the endurance to run all these races??

jenandjustin said...

Way to go Holly! You are amazing!

Rich and Nickie said...

Yeah...congrats! Running 13 miles is really tough. I ran a 1/2 about 2 years ago and I woke up that morning with major stomach issues...but you can't back down once you've paid the fees. I spent miles 7-12 screaming to people running by me "Where is a bathroom....PLEASE TELL ME...where is a bathroom" (we were running in a canyon too!). Running that distance is such an accomplishment...congrats!