Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Cake!

I have this strange tradition where I spent hours decorating a cake that the kids just eat the frosting off of , but it's fun for the kids. This year Emmary chose Tinkerbell. It's looks pretty good from a distance, however I realized that making cartoon characters is a lot tricker than I thought. The eyes alone took a good hour. I think I'm going to be hating myself in a week and a half when I attempt a Lightning
McQueen cake for Davis. Cross your fingers...


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Amie said...

wow I'm impressed!!! How fun that you make the cake every year. Good luck on Davis' cake.

Malisa said...

You do an amazing job with those cakes. I can't believe you decorated that. My kids don't get so lucky, I have absolutely no artistic ability at all.

Malisa said...

Oh I forgot to say happy birthday to Emmary. I remember that time so well. In some ways it is hard to believe it has only been four years. So much has happened for all of us in that short time. I'm glad we get to stay in touch!

Lisa said...

Nice work! I'm impressed. I bet she loved it!!

AJ said...

You are quite the cakemaker! Way to go! I must not love my kids as much because I just buy them at the grocery store. For some reason I love the taste of all that waxy chemical frosting... seriously I love it!

Ariel said...

I am sure running a half marathon isn't nearly as difficult as decorating that cake. Now I am way way impressed by your mad-skillz.
HB Emmary. How in the world to have a 4-year-old?