Wednesday, June 8, 2011

What we've been up to....

Here are some of the highlights of our May- besides Disneyland, which I will blog about- eventually! I haven't even been that great at taking pictures, but I am trying to pull out the camera more and document our lives. This pregnancy is sort of sucking my will to live! Not really, but it is taking all my energy; whatever is leftover from my kids at least:)

Somehow Emmary's elbow found the exact spot on Davis' forehead that would swell immediately upon contact while they were running next to each other. I felt so bad for him, but he was fine within 5 minutes. Unfortunately, the bump stayed for a good couple of days. I feel awkward when I go places with my kids and they have a noticeable inury and people ask what happened. I almost feel like I have to prove to total strangers that I don't beat my children!

Emmary lost her first tooth on top. This was an event at our house that took up most of a Friday night. She insisted that she wanted to tie the tooth to a string that's tied to the door and then slam the door to make the tooth pop out. She has been watching too many America's Funniest Home Videos latley! Needless to say, it doesn't really work as easy as they make it look in books and in movies. That tooth is small and slipery and by the time it actually worked, the tooth was hanging there sideways. I think a strong breeze could have pulled it out! But, we were successful and Emmary got some good money and a piece of candy from the tooth fairy.

Our primary had a good family activity at Temple Square and we made a smart choice to leave Juliet with my mom while we took the big kids downtown. It was lots of fun and the weather couldn't have been nicer. The kids really enjoyed the tours and they got to see all the brides in their pretty dresses. I then promptly begged them to never get married at the Salt Lake Temple on a Saturday in the summer- too many crowds!

Not a good picture of Emmary, because she was being a stinker about the sun being out, but regardless this is her on the last day of Kindergarden. It is amazing how she has grown this last year. I'm glad I had the thought to take her picture before school. I think it is something I will make a tradition out of so that we can compare the 2.
These were just some of our highlights for the month. This summer is already in full swing and I shift between being excited for this baby to get here and wishing that I could stay pregnant forever! Not really, becuse any woman who has been pregnant knows that no one wants to be pregnant past 36 weeks. I've never been pregnant in the summer either, so I am a little nervous about the heat, but we've got central air and popsicles to keep me happy:) All in all, I am looking forward to the summer and I am hopeful that I will have the energy to keep my kids active and doing fun things instead of just watching too much T.V. We'll see.....

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: