Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Big Day!


Emmary learned how to ride a bike last Saturday. I love these beautiful days that keep us outside and busy! We decided that Emmary needed to ride a bike now that she is 6. Tim took her out and within 5 minutes she was off on her own. It is incredible how that is one of those things that you learn once and never need to learn again, no matter how long it has been since you have done it. Tim was super man running next to her to keep her from crashing and managed to save Juliet from the oncoming train that was Emmary. It is funny to watch kids as they focus so hard on not tipping over they end up crashing instead!

Another big day, Juliet learned how so say "cheese" and actually look at the camera while I am taking her picture. She really is so cute with those squishy cheeks and thighs:) She LOVES being outside and just watches the front door like a hawk. If it doesn't close all the way she is out the door and attaking my flowers faster than a kid chasing the ice cream truck. Which, since when did those turn into creepy things rather than super- cool? I would not feel comfortable with my kids chasing down a stranger in a car that has loud music blaring from the windows. I'm just saying is all....

I wish this was the day that Jules decided to walk, but no. She is being so stubborn about it. It's like she knows I'm about to steal her babyhood from her so she is torturing me on purpose. It is really making me nervous- I am so not able to carry 2 babies around! In the meantime, Jules just does the stink bug walk when she is outside.

Juliet's favorite place to be.The little white flowers are her favorite and she picks them off one by one. I wish she would just find the dead ones, but no. She is very thorough at picking all the dead and pretty ones:)

Davis got his first big boy bike today as well. He just loves riding and I think he spent the entire day going up and down the driveway and around the circle. Living in a circle is the best thing ever, by the way. We are at the center of the circle too, so we can always see where our kids are. They know not to leave the circle without us, so they feel like they have freedom, but we have peace of mind. I highly recommend it and it might be a requirement for the rest of my life!

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: