Saturday, June 11, 2011

Disneyland- Day 1: Hoover Dam

Okay, I am finally blogging our big trip. It was a month ago, but it has taken me this long to recover and regain the energy it drained from me! I will break the posts up into days to make it easier for you to read and me to put together:) We drove to St. George on Sunday night and relaxed at Tim's mom's. She was coming with us, so this worked out perfectly. Monday we got up and hit the road. If any of you know Tim even remotely you know he HATES to spend money. So this trip took a lot of convincing on my part. Tim's only request for the whole trip was to see the Hoover Dam on the way. I couldn't object. So, while I thought it was a pretty big waste of time and not really worth the detour, we can check it off our list of Important Things That We Have Seen and Exposed Our Children To. Plus, Tim was as happy as a child at the engineering magic of it all. In case you haven't seen it, I included a little colage of the highlights:)

A super sweet picture and Tim and Emmary. Really though, Emmary was terrified of the height and clung to Tim like a spider monkey!
Our best family picture we could muster. When we were leaving Disney to drive home Emmary said, "Mom, do we have to stop at the Hoover Dam again?" I said no. She then asked,"Do we ever have to go there again?" Tim was heartbroken. This picture is pretty awful, but it is my proof that we have already done that therefore we don't have to do it again!
How Juliet spent most of the next 5 days: smiling in the stroller.
Em smiling because this was taken just before we got back in the car to drive to Anaheim:)
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: