Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My Awesome Husband

I just have to brag about Tim for a minute. We bought our Odyssey last September and I just wanted to pay Forrest Motors (the best place to buy a Honda) the $600 to install a dvd system in the van. Tim was adament that he would find a way to do it cheaper. It has taken 15 months, but Tim has kept his promise. He found a dvd system on KSL for $35 that has the dual screen thing (one for each headrest) and he spent a lot of time wiring it into the system of the van and it actually works and he didn't destroy anything! Then he found a pair of wireless headphones for the kids for $10. Yesterday he got the router in the mail that sends the signal for the headphones to work with the dvd player- also for $10. So, that's $550 saved. I love this man! I don't have much patience, but he does- which is how he manages to stay married to me:)

3 comments:

The Platts said...

Way to go Tim! That's seriously awesome, no one but Tim Fowers could do it, I'm sure of that! Thanks for the cute Chirstmas card! Not sure I'm going to get any out this year...I know I'm pathetic!

Malisa said...

That is wonderful. It has been so nice having the DVD in the car. We can actually have a conversation while we drive with the kids.

Kathryn said...

Great job! I'm glad you posted your blog link on facebook. Its fun seeing what you've been up to. I can't believe how grown up Emmary is. What a beautiful little girl!
Hope you guys are doing well. Merry Christmas!