Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Sea World

Our last event planned was to go to Sea World. Now, I haven't been to Sea World since I was about 8 and all I remember is that a seagull attacked me and ate my cinnamon roll. I was hoping this time around would be a better experience, but I was wrong. It appears as though everything else in California was closed that day becuase it was so crowded you couldn't even walk around. It was so hot and humid and the really only cool thing was the Cirque de la Mar show. I just don't think Sea World is a great place for kids. But anyway, we did it and here are some pictures from our adventure.

As soon as we walked in a Shamu show was starting so we went right in. I'm sure it takes a lot of hard work to be a killer whale trainer, but cheesy isn't even a word to describe how they were acting. C'mon- do you really need to "high five" every time you turn around? And it wasn't even for cool things they would hi-5 for. The lady who rode the whale and then jumped off his nose into the water- she deserved a hi-5, but these people were hi-5ing for giving the wales a snack! But I'll be honest that I stared crying really hard during this show, when I wasn't laughing at the trainers, because I missed Emmary so much and I knew that she would have loved watching the whale jumping around.

We're putting on happy faces, but we really wanted to go jump in the pool becuase it was so hot!!

I had just called my kids when this picture was taken. I was so sad until I heard Davis throw a fit and then I was okay being on vacation:)

At the very end of the day we got in line for the Atlantis water ride. Janet does not like water rides, she's kind of like her feline friends and doesn't like getting wet, so she sat out and waited for us. We stood in line for 45 minutes and then went on the ride which was pretty fun, but when we finished we were sitting in our boats for a long time and all the boats behind us started lining up and no one was moving. Sure enough the ride broke down! We sat there forever and then finally they had to come around and manually lift up our lap bars. I was so glad we got to ride it before it decided to break!

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: