Sunday, June 29, 2008

What is That Thing!?!?

Tonight we were grilling some shish-ka-bobs for dinner and Tim had been out with the grill but he came inside to grab something. I was busy getting things ready, but I turned around and Tim had no clue that this HUGE bug thing was on his back. I couldn't even talk, I just started screaming like a banshee and told Tim to run outside. So, like the obedient person he is, he just went running and I shut the door behind him as I continued to scream my face off. I finally managed to yell to him that there was a bug on his back. So then Tim starts spinning around like a dog chasing his tail, trying to get the bug off. He is yelling at me to help him, but there was no way I was getting withing arms reach of that thing. So he finally flicks the thing off and it flys up on our door and he gets a look at the thing. We are both stunned- it looks like a grasshopper on steroids!!! It was a good 6 inches long and had these nasty looking legs!! Yuck. Anyway, I guess that's what happens when you live in the desert.


11 comments:

N Luthi said...

All I have to say is yuck!

Tanner Perkes said...

Now that's why I don't live in the desert :).

Sharon said...

Thanks for the good laugh. I can imagine it all so well it was like I was there. I'm glad Tim survived!

Ariel said...

Holly as you know I have been in UT and not on blogs. You have had a lot going on lately. I will pray for you guys. unfortunately I have no connections in St. George.
I love the new family pics. they look good.
Love the bug story, HEe HEE

Johnson Fam said...

Hey Holly! I'm so sorry to hear about Tim! How is that going? Did his interviews go well? If there is anything we can do let us know!!

Brandi

P.S. you can check out our blog at ryanandbrandijohnson.blogspot.com

Johnson Fam said...

Ok so I need your email address, so I can invite you to view our blog. Send it to me through my email brandi2002brandi@hotmail.com! Hope to hear from you soon!

Brandi

Marci said...

I loved the story about the bug. I could totally picture it happening, and Paul and I had a good laugh over it. I'm so sorry about the job, we will keep are eyes and ears open for any job opportunities.

Jess and Nate said...

Is this the former Holly Scothern....? WOW! I saw your page from Annie's. I didn't know you were in St. George, and had such a darling family! (It's me, Jessica-still, but not for long-Davis) I'm in St. George as well. How are you?!? How long have you been down here?

The Platts said...

This is so weird! I've never seen one of those things, but we had our house sprayed on Thursday and yesterday there was a dead one, that same bug, on our back patio! Yuck!!!

N Luthi said...

Holly what kind of civil stuff has tim been doing??

Anonymous said...

HOLLY!!! I was blogstalking and am so happy I found you! Your family is DARLING! How fun to live in ST. George. I'm totally adding you to my friend list. Hope that's okay...
Miss you!