Sunday, February 3, 2008

Half Marathon

Well, I fulfilled an item on my "Life Goals" list a few weekends ago. I ran the St. George 1/2 Marathon. It was the hardest thing I have ever done. It took me 2 hours and 59 minutes to run the 13.2 miles. I wasn't as prepared as I should have been, but I have a 7 month old baby (that is my excuse at least). I ran 8 miles before stopping to walk and I ended up walking 4 miles and then dragging myself the last mile. As some of you know, I gave birth to Davis all natural with no pain medication or IV- that was cake compared to this run. The last couple miles I just kept thinking "What was I thinking? I will never do this again!" But I will probablly do it again next year. These pictures are of Emmary practicing running across the finish line while waiting for me and then she ran up to me and we ran across the finish line together. I cried when I saw her coming and was so relieved to be done. We'll see if I go for the full marathon some day or if I just end up crossing that one off my list!


6 comments:

Malisa said...

That is sooo great. I don't think I will ever attempt to accomplish that but you never know. Congratulations!

Amie said...

you did so good. Even just doing it is great. I think I told you before that that is some thing that I could never do. That is cute of Em running with you. That had to be the best thing ever to see sweet little Em waiting for you to finish the race with you.

Tanner Perkes said...

Holly I put some pictures of the snow on my blog just for you.
That is so awesome you did the Painters Half. I did that a few years ago. It was fun. If my sister moves back to Santa Clara then I will probably do it again.
You commented that I looked good after the Odgen half. That was after a shower and the bad food I ate the night before was projected from my body. If I had your email I would show you the finish line pictures. NOT pretty. Never go out to eat the night before a race. You might get food poisoning and feel nauseated the whole 13.2 miles. If I hadn't payed the $60 entrance fee I wouldn't have done it :).
Enough abou that though. Your awesome! Keep jogging.

Kelly A. said...

Hi Holly! I saw your blog on Shaylah Dansie's blog and thought I would say HI :) I can't believe how big your little girl is! I remember when Annie and I went to your house in Logan to meet her for the first time and now you have TWO kids! Oh, how time flies!! It looks like you guys are doing great! Your family is cute and I am jealous that you are in St. George where the weather is so nice! I had my first baby in November and she is the love of our lives!!! We don't know what we ever did without her :) You can see pictures of her at timandkel.blogspot.com
If you don't mind, I will keep checking your blog to see what you are up to.

The Fowers said...

Great job, Holly! we are proud of you. Maybe next year Emmary can run the other 13 miles with you. Maybe we should do a family 5K at the reunion this summer.

Sharon said...

Your amazing! That is so great you did it! I love the hat!