Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Streaking

Unfortunately, I don't have a picture to attach to this post, but we had a streaking incident at church on Sunday. Let me preface this with saying that Emmary discovered how to take off her diaper on Sunday morning and didn't want to wear it. We encouraged this since it gives us the glimmer of hope that she might conquer potty training soon. When we got to church we sat on the second row and no one was in front of us. Tim got up half-way through the meeting to sing with the choir and decided to stay sitting up on the stand while I shot him looks that very strongly indicated that I would like for him to come back down and sit with the family. He didn't. It is easy to tell when sacrament meeting has hit the hour mark because all of the children start to get ancy- Emmary is no exception. She ran down the row away from me and I tried to focus on the meeting. When I looked at her again she had taken off her diaper and crawled under the bench and up on the bench in the front row. Our little Emmary is sweet, but she's no lady. Needless to say, she didn't notice or mind that her hiny was hanging out while she was running down the bench yelling, "It's time for nursery!!!" I was paralyzed with embarrassment and contemplated not claiming her at all. But like the good mom I try and be, I stifled my laughter and grabbed her and left the room. Never a dull moment with a toddler around!!

5 comments:

Amie said...

That is the best story that I have heard in a long time. If I had been there or it was my child I don't think I could have helped but laughed.

Malisa said...

That is hilarious!! Jaiden learned to say truck and frog in the same week. We were sitting in the front of the chapel also and he started saying fruck mommy, fruck mommy. Yes the r was not always heard. It was quite embarrassing but also funny.

Sharon said...

LOL! Thanks for the great laugh Emmary. Sometimes sacrament meeting is in need of some excitement!

Sharon said...

LOL! Thanks for the great laugh Emmary. Sometimes sacrament meeting is in need of some excitement!

Ruuddudes said...

Hey, this is your long lost cousin, Koriann Campbell Ruud. I saw your link on Ben's blog. Your family is adorable and this story is one I'm totally passing on to my friends! Love you guys!