Saturday, April 11, 2009

A WICKEDLY Perfect Day!!!

Today is the day I have been waiting 4 long months for. Today is the day I reap the rewards for standing in line for 9 hours on a frigid day in December. Today is the day all of those hours of listening to the same music in the car and on my iPod paid off. Today is the day we went to WICKED!! We had tickets to the 2:00 show- perfect time- and we had tickets in the Grand Tier- best seats in the house!!

This is us at intermission. They are so strict about taking pictures of the set, so we just snapped one of the two of us in our seats. I had just finished wiping my tears from Defying Gravity before we took the shot!

Sharon told me that I just had to buy some kind of memorabelia from the show. I told Tim this and he must really value Sharon's opinion because we walked in and saw the souvenier booth and he so sweetly told me to go pick out whatever I wanted. So I got the I Love Oz shirt. I love it!!

After the show we walked over to P.F. Changs for dinner. Neither of us had ever been there before, but I did run over to P.F's and use their bathroom when I stood in line for the tickets, so it felt like fate for us to go and eat there after the show. We were seated immediately and as soon as we got seated there was a major downpour of rain outside. By the time we were done eating all the rain was gone. We strolled hand in hand down Broadway and then drove home to our sweet kids and dyed easter eggs. This truly was a perfect day!

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

The Platts said...

So glad you guys had fun! You deserved it after you're terrible wait!! Let's talk next week and catch up! Happy Easter!

Sharon said...

I'm so glad you loved it, what's not to love? I'm very jealous of your shirt, I'm glad Tim holds my opinions in high esteem, I should have asked him to get me a shirt:)

Kara said...

How fun!! I've heard such AWESOME things about the show! I'm so jealous!! Glad you guys had fun. I love your cute coat!! You look so cute!

Melanie said...

You do not even KNOW the jealousy coursing through my veins right now... I mean right underneath that I'm-So-Happy-You-Got-To-Go feeling. Wait, what is this feeling? Ha ha! I kill myself!

Joe and Elisa said...

I too am way jealous and LOVE the shirt. It was a great pick!

Lisa Summerhays said...

Jealous! My mom got to go too. I had to do with just reading the book. Love your shirt!

Johnson Fam said...

I'm glad you had fun! It's nice to be able to get out just the two of you, and I'm so jealous it was to see Wicked! I've heard nothing but fabulous things about it!

The Fowers said...

What a fun time!