Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Never Ending Sickness!!!!

I don't normally post anything without attaching a picture because I know most people just look at the pictures and don't really read the post, but I don't have any pictures today. We have all been so sick around here and I just keep thinking, "When will this end!?!" I have had a cold for about 18 days straight now and my kids have both had pink eye- Emmary woke up this morning with the signs of it again- and Davis had an ear infection at the same time as pink eye. Then, the antibiotic that Davis was on for those gave him diaper rash so severe that he couldn't sit or walk or sleep on his back. The entire surface area of his bum was covered. I tried eveything I could but for 4 days straight it got worse every day. Then-halelujia!- I found some pink swizzle left over from St. George. For those of you who don't live in St. G, pink swizzle is magic ointment and can only be found in St. G. Within 2 hours of his first treatment he was able to run and sit down in his car seat. It has gotten better so fast, but it still isn't gone all the way. In fact, his skin is peeling like a sunburn now that it is healing. Anyway, nothing else exciting here, but I am hoping that we can get over these colds eventually. I can't stand not being able to leave the house-especially when I live in SLC with it's dreary and depressing weather!! I am counting down to our St. George visit in a week and a half :)

7 comments:

Johnson Fam said...

I'm so sorry! I know EXACTLY how you feel! I had a really bad cold that lasted a little over 4 weeks! I got an ear infection from it and ended up rupturing one of my ear drums! It's definitely not fun! I hope you all get better soon!

Lisa Summerhays said...

Yuck! Mallory and I are sick too. It's been almost a week for her. She's had a fever and a nasal infection.

I need to get my hands on some of that magic ointment! Every mother should have magic ointment.

I want to see you again!! Can we get together after your trip, please?!?

James and Lauren said...

i read it! Im sorry you have been sick... it sucks to be sick when your th emom...

The Platts said...

I know how you are feeling! We're finally better here too! Let me know your plans for sure when you do.

Malisa said...

I hear ya! We spent the entire month of January sick too. Hope you can get better soon.

Veronica Tyler said...

My husband is Mike Tyler, he called and asked me to let you know he just heard about your dad/father-n-law and wants to let you know your family will be in our prayers!
- Veronica

jenandjustin said...

I have never heard of pink swizzle? what?!? where do you find that? We saw you in church last Sunday and I didn't even get to chat with you? What's up with that?what were you here for?